Travels from: New South Wales
Categories: Change Management, Futurists & Future Trends, Interesting Ideas
- Changenomics - Insights into the secret science of behaviour change
- Fl!p - making innovation happen
- Unleashing the Power of Collaboration - If only we all knew what we all knew
- Winning the War for Talent - Understanding and engaging Generation Y
Full Presenter Profile & Bio
Dominic is an inspiring, dynamic speaker with a track record of performance at the highest level. He has spoken across Asia, Europe and the Middle East, and is also a world top-10 debater. He has built a reputation for his provocative, entertaining and high energy style that leaves audiences feeling entertained and enlightened in equal measure.
Have you ever needed to change the way staff, leaders or customers think, act and buy? Have you ever wished there were a formula that worked every time? We need to stop 'managing' change and start driving it. Dominic Thurbon has cracked code for making change happen. Changenomics is the ultimate formula for driving innovation, collaboration and behaviour change in your business.
Dominic is co-founder and Chief Creative Officer at ChangeLabs, a behaviour change company with over 70 staff across Australia, New Zealand and North America. He is architect of award-winning behaviour change programs reaching over 300,000 people each year, with clients including Apple, IBM, Lexus, Microsoft, the Commonwealth Bank and Johnson & Johnson.
Dom has lead research on international best-sellers in the fields of innovation and change (published in over 10 countries), co-authored white papers on subjects as diverse as talent management and the impact of video games on work, and built a global business.
He is also a world top-10 debater and internationally sought after keynote speaker, known for his dynamic style and unique fusion of practical business experience with research-driven insight.
A selection of Dom’s Speaking Topics Include:
Changenomics – Insights into the secret science of behaviour change
Have you ever needed to change the way staff, leaders or even customers think, act and buy? Have you ever wished there were a formula that worked every time? We need to stop 'managing' change and start driving it. Changenomics is the ultimate equation for driving change in your organisation and really making it stick! Dominic Thurbon developed Changenomics through years of research and first-hand experience in deploying award-winning change programs to over 300,000 people a year. In this eye-opening and dynamic presentation, Dominic will leave your audience the tools to:
Make change happen in their teams (and for themselves!)
- Drive more innovation and collaboration in your team or business
- Attract, engage and retain the next generation of workers
- Thrive in the workplace of the future
Unleashing the Power of Collaboration – If only we all knew what we all knew:
To get ahead in the knowledge economy, companies must capture the expertise already floating around inside their four walls. Using everything from better technology to better meeting discipline, unleashing collaboration is a sure-fire way to drive innovation, productivity and engagement. In a competitive market, we cannot afford to let collaboration be a buzzword – we need to implement real strategies for making it happen.
In this insightful and empowering presentation, Dominic will:
- Give you the 5 behaviours to unleash collaboration, both personally and organizationally
- Identify the common barriers to making it happen and show how they can overcome
- Demonstrate the link between collaboration and innovation, productivity and engagement
Fl!p – Making innovation happen:
There has never been a more important time to drive innovation in our businesses. As markets tighten and get more competitive, we are all under pressure to do more, with less, faster. But for too many companies, innovation is just a ‘value’ or a ‘buzzword’, not a practice that we all engage in every day. We can change that!
Based on first-hand experience around the world and deep global research, in this dynamic and empowering session Dominic will:
- Identify the five drivers of innovation in your business and how to leverage them
- Unpack compelling strategies to get every individual in your team to approach work with an innovation-mindset
- Outline practical, real strategies for creating an environment that drives innovation
Winning the War for Talent – Understanding and engaging Generation Y:
In the current economy, it has never been more important to win the war for talent. To do that, we have to find ways to attract, engage and retain the next generation of workers. The 4.5 million Aussies that make up Gen Y have different approaches to work, life, learning and careers – and we need to equip ourselves with the tools to inspire them as leaders.
Based on his companies face-to-face, first hand word with over 250,000 members of Gen Y every year, in this dynamic and provocative session Dominic will:
- Unpack the mindsets of Gen Y, and factors that have combined to create them
- Look at clear and practical strategies for successful intergenerational management
- Help you drive change in the way managers work with and engage their team
- Show how creating a Gen-Y friendly team actually creates a talent friendly team
Dominic Thurbon, is amazing! His business insight and research into our business model was incredible. Every one of our delegates raved about his session. We would highly recommend him as a speaker at any conference. Entertaining, hard hitting but on point!
Avis Budget Group