Travels from: Queensland
An informative and entertaining speaker
Categories: Branding & Marketing, Business Coaching, Business Speakers, CEO, Customer Service, Entrepreneur, MCs & Hosts, Sales
Full Presenter Profile & Bio
RAY SCICLUNA is an informative and entertaining speaker. Ray wasn’t the brightest Kid at school growing up in the rough Western Suburbs of Melbourne … You had to have “street smarts” to survive.
Unable to read or write Ray was the MD of Video Gold, a business venture he started at the age of 22, Video Gold grew to a turnover of $90m in under 12 months. The revolutionary Video Gold copy depth leasing program (of new release movies for $1 a day) changed the video industry overnight and was responsible for the introduction of large shopping Centre type video libraries.
Bankrupt at 29, Ray fought back, buying the Video Ezy chain. Forming a super franchise team they took 13 stores to 360 before selling the franchise in 1998. Ray has a very colorful life story and people who have heard Ray’s entertaining life journey are truly inspired by his conviction and “can do attitude”. Success leaves traces, but so does failure, A story worth hearing.. If he can, anyone can!
Sometimes we spend too much time, energy, and money on things that have little impact on our Life’s. Ray’s message is clear: Attitude Gets It Done, Create Magic Moments and Build a People Focused Culture!
- Ray opened his first business at 13. By age 22 he started his third business which grew to a turnover of $90m in just under 3 years.
- Ray has opened a total of 68 different businesses over the past 39 years.
- He is the author of “Crossroads and Roundabouts: life is full of choices”
Ray has used his “Street-Smart” instinct all his life and knows all too well that survival and success depends on the people around you.
- Leaving school at the age of 13 and was unable to read or write until he was 31.
- “Street-Smart” pays off once again; Ray’s real education started with business failure at the age of 29, he was declared bankrupt and lost all of his material wealth.
- Self-employed for 39 years, Ray has employed 100’s of people, trained 1000’s of young people in customer service and helped 100’s of people manage and build better businesses.