Travels from: Western Australia
Five time Paralympian, and Captain of the Australian Men’s Wheelchair Basketball Team
Categories: Motivational Speakers, Sports Heroes
Full Presenter Profile & Bio
Brad Ness has had the unique opportunity to combine the personal outcome of a work place accident with his studies and continued career as a professional athlete. His role as captain of the Australian Men’s Wheelchair Basketball Team, together with his education, has given him the skills to communicate effectively at all levels.
Brad has travelled the world in his pursuit of excellence with the Australian team as well as living and playing basketball in Italy for more than 10 years. He uses these opportunities to engage and inspire.
Some of the highlights of Brad’s career to date Include:
- Carrying the flag for the Australian Paralympic team at the 2016 Rio Paralympics.
- Captain of the Australian Men’s Wheelchair Basketball Team (The Oz Rollers)
- Gold medal at the Beijing Paralympic Games.
- Silver medals at Athens and London Paralympic Games.
- Gold medal World Championships 2010.
- Winning the Sandy Blythe Medal – Most Valuable Australian Player 2005-2006.
- Awarded Order of Australia Medal for his Services to Sport 2008.
- Representing the Australian government at the European Training Sport Centre in Varese, Northern Italy.
- Invitation to attend the United Nations Laos Anti Mines Convention as mentor to land mine victims.
- Meeting the Dalai lama.
- Public Speaker for Accidental Hero Campaign, Victoria WorkCover Authority.
- Playing basketball in America, Italy, United Kingdom, Japan, Greece, China, Korea, Cyprus, Spain, the Netherlands, Germany, France, Morocco, Thailand and Australia.
Brad is a below the knee amputee as the result of a work place accident that occurred when he was 18. This has not stopped him from achieving his goals and aspirations. He has developed a passion for motivating people of all ages to achieve their dreams.
Brad has a highly developed awareness of the importance of sound occupational health and safety practices in the workplace and how best to achieve these. He can present these concepts at various levels to meet any specific company requirements and to motivate staff to achieve best practice in the workplace.
Brad speaks on Workplace safety, Changing culture within an organisation, Managing Risk, Staff motivation, Inclusivity, Achieving goals and Mentoring.
Brad brings a fresh perspective to any event, function or seminar. He will entertain, inspire and motivate so that audiences leave with a new outlook as to what is truly possible with determination and perseverance.