Travels from: Queensland
Categories: Recording Artists
Full Presenter Profile & Bio
James has had a career as successful as it is diverse.
At 25 James has performed on some of the biggest stages and toured throughout the world sharing his craft. 2009 saw James compete in the Hit show Australian Idol finishing 3rd.
After Australian Idol James toured the country sharing his talents, accomplishing much along the way including fronting a 50 piece orchestra performing swing in front of 10,000 people at the Newcastle Entertainment Center as part of the TV show Starstruck and comparing the show in 2010 and 2011.
He performed over 1000 headline shows with his most notable being the 50 gigs in 50 days tour around Australia supporting the ACMF and performing at the Sydney Opera House alongside Michael Bublé.
James has also performed both nationally and internationally at conferences, gala dinners, festivals, charity fundraisers, awards nights and many more including The Lord Mayors Carols and the Gold Coast Indy 600.
Known for his charisma, powerhouse vocals, and musical diversity James’s passion captures audience around the world. James can perform in a wide variety of styles from intimate easy listening solo acoustic, to upbeat solo where he can create a full band sound with just one guitar. James can also be backed by acclaimed Redtie Band with line ups from 2 – 7 piece James can cater to any size event.
Some of the artists James has performed along side include. Michael Buble, Jennifer Lopez, Harry Connick jnr, Liza Minnelli, Jimmy Barnes, Stan Walker, Guy Sebastian, Sneaky Sound System, plus many more ...
As a solo performer or as part of a larger band James is highly proficient in the following musical styles:
- Easy listening acoustic - Think Jack Johnson / Pete Murray
- Upbeat Classics - More Aussie rock, pub style of music (James has performed over 1000 pub shows)
- Blues – incorporating a harmonica
- Pop upbeat – James has played in nightclubs where they needed a dance floor pumping and he is able to create live loops with his guitar and vocals with a lot of bass to create a dance vibe playing nothing but the latest club hits – Think Calvin Harris
- Country – James has an extensive country repertoire and in 2015 he toured with PBR Rodeo as their feature performer for all QLD events performing rock country music
- Jazz, Swing - A similar style to Michael Bublé; James performed for many years in Jazz Lounges and he has had a lot of big band experience with this style – he performed with Michael Bublé in 2008 at the Sydney Opera House