Travels from: United States
Travelling to Australia 12-28 June 2019
Categories: Inspirational, Motivational Speakers, Travelling Speakers, Women in Business
- Alpha Girls
- Be a Hero in Your Own Life
- How to Make a Spaceship: Lessons of the Unconventional
- The Power of Storytelling
Full Presenter Profile & Bio
Julian Guthrie is a journalist and author based in the San Francisco Bay Area. She spent twenty years at the San Francisco Chronicle, where she won numerous awards, including the Best of the West Award and the Society of Professional Journalists' Public Service Award. Her feature writing and enterprise reporting were nominated multiple times for the Pulitzer Prize.
Her new book, 'Alpha Girls: The Women Upstarts Who Took On Silicon Valley's Male Culture and Made the Deals of a Lifetime', was released in April, 2019. Alpha Girls is the unforgettable story of four women who came to California to try to make it in a world stacked against them. Through grit and ingenuity, the women became stars in cutthroat, high-stakes, male dominated Silicon Valley and helped build some of the most important companies of our day. They were written out of history — until now.
'Alpha Girls' is Ms. Guthrie’s fourth nonfiction book. In all her work, she is drawn to underdog stories, and stories that combine great human drama and improbable dreams with technological innovations and breakthroughs.
Julian's speaking topics include:
- Alpha Girls - Through tales of perseverance and grit, Julian illustrates some of the greatest untold stories of our generation, Silicon Valley's women pioneers. Julian provides a unique perspective on how women can be successful in the workplace and the boardroom. The ethos of the workplace is changing along with how one motivates and inspires creative women within business. She uses the powerful stories of these women to demonstrate the infinite power of confidence, risk-taking and decision-making to provide you with usable takeaways for success.
- The Power of Storytelling - The incredible power of story-telling can gain trust, build relationships and overcome hurdles. Building a great team lies on the foundation of the leader being able to construct the right story to build a resilient culture. As a company, a story is how we add value to our products and connect with our customers. Julian has been creating narratives from her days in journalism to telling the story of one of the world's leading billionaires. Learn how to build your story for maximum impact.
- How to Make a Spaceship: Lessons of the Unconventional - Bringing to life the stories of her New York Times best-selling book How to Make a Spaceship, Julian shares how failing forward, staying unwaveringly on course and unconventional collaborations have led to some of our world's most exciting innovations. On this journey, you will learn how to bring together characteristics you already possess to spark the innovator in all of us.
- Be a Hero in Your Own Life - The adventure of life is to keep looking forward. Bringing together lessons of a few of the world's leading innovators from her books 'Alpha Girls' and 'How to Make a Spaceship', Julian explores how to find purpose, follow your passion (not the passion of others), ignore the naysayers, and subscribe to the belief "The day before something is a breakthrough, it's a crazy idea."