Travels from: Western Australia
A futurist and speaker giving businesses insights into the future
Categories: Futurists & Future Trends
- Disruption by Design: Innovate from the inside out
- Fit for the Future: Thriving, not just surviving, in a disrupted world
- The Best Workplace on Earth: Attract and keep the best people
- The Future of Leadership: Building high-performance teams in a VUCA world
- The Future of Work: Build your skills for the future workplace
- The New Rules for High Performance: Channeling chaos for staying ahead of the game
Full Presenter Profile & Bio
Gihan Perera is a futurist, conference speaker, author and consultant who gives audiences a glimpse into what is ahead and how they can become fit for the future, in both professional and personal lives.
Since 1997, he has worked with business leaders, thought leaders, entrepreneurs, and other change agents, helping them with their strategy for thriving in a fastchanging world. He has clients throughout Australia, as well as in New Zealand, South Africa, the United Kingdom, Singapore, the USA and Canada.
Gihan is the author of 'The Future of Leadership', 'Disruption By Design', as well as 10 additional books. He has always taken the lead in embracing emerging technologies and trends, from his university thesis in robotics and artificial intelligence, to leading a software development team building the infrastructure for the early Internet, founding one of Australia’s first Web development companies in 1996, teaching thought leaders how to engage in e-learning platforms, and helping business leaders build their personal brand and online influence.
Because innovation is everybody’s business, and the best ideas can come from anywhere, Gihan has worked with a number of industries – including healthcare, financial services, mining and resources, property, local government, education, and technology. Forbes magazine rated him the #5 social media influencer in the world (and #1 in Australia) in his area of expertise.
He is a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), the only internationally recognised designation for professional speakers. Gihan has always been interested in people and the way they communicate – and how to become fit for the future, so they embrace change, act on opportunities, and live happier lives
His speaking topics include
- Fit for the Future: Thriving, not just surviving, in a disrupted world – with the world changing faster than ever before, it is imperative that we keep up with the changes and opportunities occurring. Gihan takes audiences on an inspiring, eye-opening, and engaging ride into the future where they learn about the global megatrends shaping their industry, the mindset that helps lead the change, and the skills needed to get things done in a fast-changing world.
- The Best Workplace on Earth: Attract and keep the best people - the workplace of the future will be very different from the workpace of today, including technology and automation, but also in the environment created to attract smart and talented employees needed to future-proof your organisation. Are you providing the workplace to attract and keep them?
- Disruption by Design: Innovate from the inside out - with disruption coming from new competitors and even outside of your industry, it can be hard to stay afloat. Gihan demonstrates how innovation and disruption are two sides of the same coin and how innovation must become a habit for success.
- The New Rules for High Performance: Channeling chaos for staying ahead of the game - the old rules for success don't work in our fast-changing world and traditional goal-setting fails. Change brings opportunity - be ready for it by knowing what maters most, learning how to prepare best and leverage opportunity that sets you apart.
- The Future of Leadership: Building high-performance teams in a VUCA world - our volatile and complex world needs a new kind of leadership and the most successful organisations are moving fast, changing quickly and adapting to their environment. Learn how to engage a modern workforce, tap into unique skills and talents and lead effectively
- The Future of Work: Build your skills for the future workplace - identify and develop the skills needed to thrive in the workplace of the future, so you can future-proof your career, collaborate and innovate in a productive manner and stay ahead of the game.
Gihan’s presentation in our strategic planning session was highly engaging and resonated well with those present. His approach and discussion stimulated the participants to think more about what could be in the future and provided an excellent pathway leading into the workshops that followed.
St John of God Health Care
Gihan’s presentation was a great opening session at our recent senior leader’s forum. Gihan cleverly integrated his knowledge and facts about technology evolutions and other global disruptions into a compelling story about the change occurring in our working lives, and how we can best respond to it as leaders and individuals. Gihan’s perspective on the changing ‘world of work’ and the critical skills leaders need to do develop to ensure clarity and engagement for their employees, was insightful and resonated with our leaders.
Energy Queensland Limited