How Do I Attract People To My Event or Conference?
You have the venue, the entertainment/speakers, a great menu and wine list – now how do you get people to attend? Here are some tips to kick off your campaign:
- If your event is annual, contact previous attendees and give them an early heads-up. You can offer special rates to potential guests to book their place early. Set a cut-off date and email regular reminders.
- Use social media. Create social media content, offer prize draws to those that ‘Like’ the event page and share the content. You don’t have to offer holidays or expensive products - merchandise is always a great incentive. The page should be updated weekly to ensure it appears in the news feeds of your followers. Create links to the company page and booking website so people can book tickets without having to search online for the website.
- Use your website to promote and advertise your event. Increase your exposure by ensuring people can easily find your event and have links on your company webpage to ticket purchasing. Simplifying the process by adding links makes it easier for people to access. Some people won’t bother if it’s too hard to find!
- If your event is industry-based, use LinkedIn to promote it. LinkedIn gives you the ability to promote your event to people in your industry free of charge.
- Promote your drawcard. If you have a great dance band or well-known Keynote Speaker, announce your headliner to maximise ticket sales. That way you can also reach out to the drawcard fan-base, giving you access to the widest possible audience for your event. Always check your content with your Keynote Account Manager if it includes information regarding your speaker or entertainer. You have access to experts with years of industry experience in events – utilise them!
Back to Meeting Planners & Event Organisers Survival Guide