Travels from: New South Wales
Janine is someone who has been there and done that. She has walked the talk, reinvigorating and launching some of the world’s best brands, climbing the corporate ladder in Australia and overseas, then re-launching herself as a successful entrepreneur – all whilst balancing a busy family of five.
Categories: Motivational Speakers
Full Presenter Profile & Bio
Janine Garner’s incredible and inspirational career as an international brand management specialist and entrepreneur make her the perfect person to bring your conference and corporate events to life. With over 20 years’ experience in business, corporately and her own, Janine knows what makes people tick – and how to make them listen.
She is known as an engaging, intelligent, funny, sometimes slightly irreverent speaker, who is able to interact with anyone from CEOs to customer service frontline staff.
Inspiring, motivational, she gets the best from her audience by recognising that they don’t want to be spoken at – they want to be spoken with. She has delivered keynotes to clients such as Hewlett Packard Australia, APSMA, the American Chamber of Commerce, Westpac, Clayton Utz and CBRE.
Some of her core topics are outlined below, but she is able to tailor content based on organisational requirements and focus.
A selection of Janine’s core topics include …
FROM ME TO WE: Why Commercial Collaboration Will Future-Proof Business, Leaders and Personal Success
You’re a great leader. You’re accustomed to working alone, internalising thoughts, ideas, creativity. Being in your own space. But the business landscape is changing at an incredibly fast pace. The future outlook is one of uncertainty and constant challenges. And that ‘Me’ space you’ve lived in for so long? It isn’t enough anymore. To succeed on a long term basis, you need to engage. To understand the value of your team. To gain the confidence of those who ideate, who create, who support. You need to embrace the worth of commercial collaboration, and be a part of the ‘We’ space. In this keynote, Janine will:
- Help you to understand your role in building a culture of growth, co-creation and ideation
- Assist you to actively create that culture, one that embraces, adapts and evolves to take advantage of change
- Show you how to challenge the status quo and drive improvements in delivery, product, marketing and sales performance
- Help you to develop a more customer-centric approach to delivery, both for internal and external clients
- Show you how to define your current position in the ‘WE’ space and how to refine it.
If you are struggling to engage as a business unit leader or entrepreneur, this is a must-have for your professional toolkit.
THE POWER OF YOU: Driving Success Through Insightful, Thoughtful and Forward-Thinking Leadership.
As Jim Rohn says, “Leadership is the challenge to be something more than average”. The rate of technological change and the ‘volatile stability’ of the global business environment mean that a great leader cannot afford to stand still. There is no room for the leader who is not willing to lead, or who is a ‘lazy leader’, who sits back and rests on past success. The leader of today needs to understand their own path and purpose, their reason for wanting to succeed, to have a clear definition of themselves. The ability to constantly innovate, invent, and take the lead as well as actively listen and collaborate are essential skills for the leader of the twenty-first century. The ability to have a positive impact – on customers, on the bottom line, and of course, on your team – is the focus of the modern leader. In this keynote, Janine shares:
- The tools to clarify your own path and focus as a leader
- How to provide new leaders and management teams with the skills to lead, innovate and engage
- How to motivate your team to step in and step up and lead in their own right
- The key principles of impactful leadership – innovation, invention and co-creation, and how embracing these concept of value creation will drive mutual growth
- Practical examples of key impact behaviour and how to apply it to your business area or enterprise.
This is a no-nonsense, down to earth approach to success as a leader with impact.
THE NEXUS: How To Become The Centre Of A Powerful and Diverse Network to Support Your Success
Effective networking is a critical part of commercial collaboration, and building relationships with a “what can I do for you” approach is an essential skill for all levels of management. This is not about handing out business cards at anonymous events. This is about gathering like-minded big-thinkers around you who understand your business direction and who will complement your own skills and talents. In this keynote, Janine will discuss:
- The value and power of building and managing diverse connections
- How to relationship manage your database to drive commercial success
- Developing your personal circle of excellence
- Making the most of your networking time
Networking is a talent, and if you want to become the centre of your own successful network, then this is essential.
CHANGE IT UP: Why Working Together Actively As Men and Women In Business Is Essential To Bring About Change in The Workplace
The workplace is changing, but it is still not a place of equality. Women in Australia control 75% of the spending power in their households. They are making the decisions about what to buy, and when to buy it. And yet they are still kicking against that proverbial glass ceiling, with women in full time work earning, on average, 17.5% less than men. Now is the time to not only lean in, but to lean out – as business leaders, as entrepreneurs. To walk the walk as well as talk the talk. To make the changes necessary to shatter that safety glass once and for all, rather than just tap against it. In this keynote, Janine assists you to:
- Inspire your female leaders and rising stars to do more
- Drive individual ownership of action and behaviours
- Engage and empower teams to drive change
- Increase awareness and conversation about the increasing influence of women at work
- Put in place sponsorship programs that are effective, practical and long-term
This is about challenging perceptions as well as making change happen on a practical level.