Travels from: Queensland
CEO of the National Retail Association and Director of NRA Legal
Categories: Business Speakers, Women in Business
Full Presenter Profile & Bio
Dominique Lamb is the CEO of the National Retail Association and Director of NRA Legal, who has extensive experience providing industrial relations and employment law advice to a range of small, medium and large businesses across a range of industries.
Dominique brings a level of passion and motivation to her role which is hard to find. In 2011, she was awarded the Australian Institute of Management’s Young Gun of the Year Award and in 2016 Dominique was a finalist in the Brisbane Women in Business Awards.
In her downtime, Dominique is a strong advocate for victims of domestic violence and has volunteered with the Women’s Legal Service Queensland for over six years. Dominique is currently serving on the WLSQ board as well as being the Chair of their Dancing CEO’s event which raised $219,000 in 2016.
Dominique knows NRA’s members well, having strong retail sector experience both in-store and as a trusted advisor. Dominique has gained a wealth of experience through her work in several mid-tier law firms and industry groups.
Dominique’s areas of expertise includes:
- managing workplace disputes including unfair dismissals, discrimination complaints, breach of contract and adverse action claims. Dominique has represented clients at the Fair Work Commission and various anti-discrimination tribunals;
- assisting clients with the development of workplace policies and procedures and their implementation;
- drafting employment contracts;
- conducting workplace investigations in relation to allegations of workplace bullying, sexual harassment and victimisation;
- enterprise agreement negotiations and BOOT compliance (including negotiations with employee unions);
- providing advice on award compliance, performance management, termination of employment (including redundancy, management of ill and injured employees and transfer of business;
- advising on consumer law;
- facilitating training sessions, at both an employee and management level, in relation to discrimination and harassment, managing ill and injured employees, performance management, termination of employment and other compliance issues under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth).
As the CEO of the National Retail Association, Dominique plays an integral role by liaising and advocating on behalf of retailers at a Federal and State Government level on all areas of policy which affect retail businesses both large and small, including but not limited to technical standards, product safety, industrial relations, loss prevention, city planning and infrastructure.
Dominique frequently appears in print, radio and television media on a range of varying issues relevant to the retail sector. She also presents at various national and international conferences.